Thursday, June 19, 2008

Marine Wardens

On today, one of our last shooting days, I went out on the Marlin. The Marlin is one of the boats that Marine Wardens use to patrol both the bays and coastal waters, checking both recreational and commercial fishermen.

Most of what I did was interview the (very small) crew, and ride along with the patrol zodiac the wardens launch from the Marlin. On the zodiac, we mainly checked fishermen, who were friendly and cooperative over 80% of the time.

Unfortunately, I ran out of tape just as we were coming up to the guy in the fourth photo (blurred to protect identity), who was already being boarded by the coast guard for a random inspection, and then we came in and found he didn't have a fishing license. Just one of those days, I guess...

He wasn't happy about getting the citation, but was otherwise friendly.

At any rate, I had a blast, and look forward to showing off the footage we shot soon.













- Andrew